Copy Editor (freelance) – Remote: US Based Only
FeedMob is a mobile adtech company that brings transparency and control to our client’s global advertising buys. We are committed to creating an environment of confidence in metrics, efficiency, and valuable partnerships. We obsess over providing our clients the highest quality consulting to generate users at scale, with the best service in the industry. Our team is composed of mobile industry veterans from companies such as Twitter, Tapjoy and ironSource.
Our company is seeking a freelance Copy Editor to join our digital content team. Your primary job is to ensure the accuracy of grammar and spelling, although you will also fact-check content as necessary and make sure optimized metadata and keywords are used throughout the content piece. You may also make changes that affect the overall tone of content if it doesn’t quite fit with our brand.
Our ideal applicant is passionate about the correct usage of grammar and punctuation, and has experience working with AP style as well as in-house style guides. Technology B2B, mobile or agency experience preferred. You should have at least 2 years of work experience and be willing to work 10-20 hours a week pending scope of project.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Copy edit and proofread materials
- Ensure accuracy and readability
- Maintain consistent tone according to brand standards
- Fact-check statements and quotations
- Submit significant changes to authors or editorial managers
- Assist with content creation as necessary
- Ensure editorial deadlines are met
- Optimize content key words and make metadata suggestions based on content piece
- Bachelor’s degree in English or a related field
- Experience with digital media (preferred)
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Familiarity with grammar rules and conventions
- Writing and research skills
- Computer proficiency (Google Docs)
- Attention to detail
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Have a working knowledge of mobile performance advertising
- Previous experience as a journalist or news media writer
To apply, please send your resume and introduction to email@example.com.